Getting rich playing poker online or in the casinos is nearly a creative art form or science that can be mastered by those who have a real appreciation for the game and its intricacies’.
It’s been often said, “to win at playing poker it’s not really much the cards as it is getting inside the mind of your opponents”. Now you don’t have to be a psycho therapist but at end of the day it’s poker finding out how to see other poker players that makes the difference between winners and losers.
The question of course is, how do you get to know very well what other players are usually planning?
There are a number of techniques employed by the more experienced players to waste time with adversary’s heads causing them to make more mistakes on the poker tables than they would normally do.
Regular players are safer to read than the novice, why? the novice is capricious, while the regular has changed and acquired similar sets of skills and practices through experience that you might utilization in a poker game. You discover how to play in some situations and you know regulars can be thinking the same way.
Poker can be compared to a game of chess. The great chess players can anticipate their adversary’s moves sometimes 4 to 5 moves in advance. For every play that his opponent makes the champ already has 4 to 5 moves to counter.
Now I just reviewed a book on poker published by one of the best in the business who gives some excellent examples on what to out think your opponents on the poker tables.
Here’s a huge tip when playing against a regular by the same writer:
“Focus on the he thinks you have and what he thinks you’re trying to do and change him regarding his own thoughts by applying them”.
Some tips on the habits of bad poker players:
• They often never lay down a draw
• They have a unbelievably huge range preflop
• They will almost always drift on flops then collapse to your table bets on the turn
• They only raise when they already have something
• They will play a top-notch pair like it’s a regal flush
• They will overbet the pot when they have a big hand or even push if they have a big hand.
When playing against a bad poker player, focus on their bad habits, like overplaying draws and sailing every fail, and exploit those habits, not their thoughts.
In one chapter of this book the writer reveals:
1. Benefit of getting inside of the head of regulars, and applying the thought process of those players.
2. Some very nice tips on applying the bad habits of bad poker players and how you can make a lot of extra cash as a result.
3. The ability of the chat function and how you can use it to make bad players go on tilt and give you a lot of money which wouldn’t normally do.
4. The not so common strategy of showing his cards in some situations. Often considered not a good practice, but there are some very good reasons why he does this.
5. How to create the right poker table image as a great strategy to fool your opponents into putting you in a box classification that couldn’t be further from the truth. You don’t want your opponents to know your actual style of play, your habits and bets patterns.
6. A great technique to figure out the cards your opponent has virtually every single time.
Every great poker player has his little secrets, the key to improving your game is to grab the best tips and strategies from the top two or three poker players in the world, this will ensure you have all your bases covered.